Sunday, August 12, 2012

Introduction

Hello, my name is Adam. I am a 16 year old poi spinner, and I live in Las Vegas, NV at the time of writing. I have come a long way from the point where this was true, and you can follow a little of my story or the highlights of it by reading through this blog"s pages. If you don't know what poi spinning is, it is "a performance art, involving swinging tethered weights through a variety of rhythmical and geometric patterns." (wikipedia) I refer to this as "FLOW" because I(and many others) believe flow to be a state of optimal experience. When I spin, I find myself in this state. Nothing around me matters, just the music, and the art. I hope you enjoy reading about my flow journey as much as I've enjoyed the experience!

1 comment:

  1. Something I learned a long time ago from another poi spinner - "The pulse is all that's real, all the rest is obsolete"

    Good luck on your journey.

    ReplyDelete